E3 offers a unique level of energy and design consulting services for commercial, municipal, and residential clients. Our primary focus is to bring our clients closer to “Net Zero” energy and Energy Independence. We hold ourselves and our contractors to the highest standards where, through performance testing, we measure and verify the work specifications and construction.
E3 offers a unique perspective for construction projects which we use to save you the most money and headaches if we are brought into the design phase as early as possible. “If you can’t afford to do it right the first time, how can you afford to do it twice?” – Amory Lovins
The Retro-commissioning Process:
A well-planned and executed retro-commissioning project typically occurs in four distinct phases: Planning, Investigation, Implementation, and Hand-Off.
E3 believes that you can’t manage what you don’t measure. Testing is a key component to Measurement and Verification (M&V) and it is also critical to Net Zero Construction.
Building Envelope Testing:
We specify the building tightness which is virtually unheard of in Commercial Construction but is widely accepted in Residential Construction.
We test to multiple standards:
- ASTM Standards : E779, E1186, E1827, C1060
- US Army Corp of Engineers Building Envelope Testing Protocol
- LEED and ASHRAE Standards
Infared Thermography can show air and water leakage.
- Combustion Analysis
- Duct Leakage
- Air Flow
- Lighting – Light levels, lighting quality
- Moisture Levels in air, wood, and concrete
Life-cycle Cost Analysis & ROI Analysis
- Utility Bill Analysis
- Energy Management
Carbon Footprint Tracking
- Inevitably, in going about our daily lives — commuting, sheltering our families, eating — each of us contributes to the greenhouse gas emissions that are causing climate change. Yet, there are many things each of us, as individuals, can do to reduce our carbon emissions. The choices we make in our business, our homes, our travel, the food we eat, and what we buy and throw away all influence our carbon footprint and can help ensure a stable climate for future generations.